sleepy hollow birthday party

9.25.2020

Guess what?! Today is my moms birthday yayyyyy! Love her so much! She came to visit a few weeks ago, which means we can't be together today, I'm so sad. But I wanted to make sure she had a special birthday cake and prezzies, so I designed a little gathering for her and we celebrated when she was here! 

This was her atomic cake, it was light pink with chocolate chip polka dots on the sides and brown writing on the top. Wow was this delish! We got it at Fleckenstein's Bakery. I was so happy with it, they did an amazing job! Notice I stuck my hand in the front of it right before taking pictures (eyeroll)...



 I was trying to think of a special theme, and I knew I wanted it to be "fally" because she lives where it's hot hot allll the time and doesn't get to experience our mid western seasons anymore. A memory of when I was little popped in my head and I was like YESSSSSSS!!!!! We always watched the Disney version of Sleepy Hollow  and Ichabod Crane when it came on tv, and we loved it! So that's what I went with :) So fun! Not Halloweenie, but still spooky goodness..

I found this cute printable on Etsy, so I printed it out on cute vintage texty patterned paper and stuck it on a long black wooden rod. Then I topped it off with black fringe crepe paper! I stuck it in a vintage silver tea pot with these gorgeous harvest colored roses from Jewel Osco!


I absolutely loved this part of the decor, all these cute things nestled on an old silver tray. So fancy and all this vintage tarnished silver gave it such an old world feel.


Washi tape is the perfect way to add whimsy to your taper candles, especially when you're on a super budget! Couldn't find my black electrical tape so polka dots it is lol! 



This ornate black frame is from Hobby Lobby, and I just cut some word snippets out of a vintage Sleepy Hollow book and glued them onto patterned paper. Gotta work the story in there somewhere! 


This darling cut file is from the Silhouette Design store, I cut it out of simple black cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo. I glued it onto a striped straw, but it kinda looks like it belongs in some deranged spooky merry go round now lol! I stuck it in an old trophy which I thought was perfect because, hello Kentucky Derby buhahahaha!


I saw this cute Ichabod pumpkin idea on Pinterest, so I had to make my own! 


I created the word on my Cameo and then just cut it out of simple black cardstock and glued it right onto this cute white pumpkin from Michaels! 


Topped it off with a black Lincoln top hat from Party City! So cuuute! I couldn't find the cute colonial weird piratey hat so this was the next best thing.. the pretty black candleabra and little black lantern is from Hobby Lobby. 


Little black crows added the cutest little spooky feel! 



Of course I had to put some birdies in my old birdcage! My cat was super not excited about them...


Another cute printable from Etsy, taped it around a wooden rod at the top and hung it with cute gingham ribbon! Had it printed at Office Depot it's 11x17 I believe..gotta work the story in!  Skulls look so cute with masquerade masks on! Adds a fun spooky touch! 


When you're planning a party, don't forget about the background! Even if it's simple little things! It can make or break your decor especially in pictures! Just simple little touches make all the difference! Sweat the small stuff, do the details! This black frame is from the dollar store, and the Sleepy Hollow image is just something I printed off of the internet! Book paper is cut out from, yep you guessed it, a vintage Sleepy Hollow book! 


I was so excited I got to use this cute spooky black chandelier from Party City again! I used it before when I had a Wicked Witch Party for my mom, and it got used twice how fun is that?! Totally worth the 12.99 or whatever lol. 


We had such a wonderful evening, I served chili with angel hair pasta, garlic knots, and apple cider. Pretty much the best Autumn dinner ever! 


And of course we put on Disney's Sleepy Hollow and Ichabod Crane movie, it made the whole night! Those classics make you feel like a kid again I tellya. Man those were the best days! So many good memories! I'm so happy we did something that brought them back! 


Welp thanks for coming to the party! Salem also said thanks for hanging out :)


Happy Birthday Mom love you! How am I going to top this next year?! Yikes!! 

xoxo Sarah




















- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -