national scrapbooking day

5.05.2020

Hey paper peeps! This past Saturday 5/2/20 was National Scrapbooking Day yayy! Can you believe that I've been scrapping for 20 years now?! How did you celebrate, did you make something pretty?! I created something using this darling new digital kit by Make A Pretty Life, not only was it super cute but they were donating some of the proceeds to charity! 


The kit is about the crazy corona virus and all of the weirdness going on lately like the toilet paper shortage, staying home, home school, etc. Since staying home is my favorite thing lol, I created a house shaped accordion mini album! I started off by making a flag pole using a wooden stick and a cut out piece from the ephemera page. I mean a house needs a flag pole right ;) The cute paper I used on the cover is actually a Simple Stories paper from their vintage garden collection!


Before I adhered the page down that I wanted to use for journaling, I ran it through my cute pink typewriter by WRMK! 

The house accordion is a cut file in the Silhouette Design Store, I think I cut it twice and taped them together..


There's a cute rainbow printed page in the kit, so I fussy cut some of those and turned them upside down to make shingles for my roof lol! They look so whimsical and fun I love them! 


Here's a look at my few other pages, the mask is held on by a star brad so you can slide it down to see my son's cute smile! I love interactive pieces! Social distancing is my jam man! It's so weird to see those things on the floor at the grocery store ohmygosh...


I had so much fun making this little book! I love that it showcases just a little touch of our lives right now, I love to remember the little details!


I printed out the kit by uploading it to Office Depot, then I just went and picked it up in the store super easy peasy!


Of course I had to add leaves to my house, these die cut ones were just chillin on my desk so I threw them on there.  I'm obsessed with flowers and leaves heh heh..


Thanks so much for stopping by, stay happy and scrappy!


 photo postsignature_zps25f89085.png

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -