joy journey circle journal

4.28.2020

Hey paper peeps! Today I wanted to share something fun I just conjured up! I created a "joy journey journal" to pass around to my friends in the mail, and then have each of them fill out a spot inside it with some encouragement! Maybe a favorite Bible verse or an inspiring quote? Then by the end I'll have a big ole chunky book of happiness to look thru! 
Here is a look at the inside, I used a Tim Holtz folio as the shell! I mixed white gesso and light blush paint together and applied it to the inside using a makeup sponge to lighten up the pattern on the inside. Then took this gorgeous floral stamp set by Illustrated Faith and stamped once in each corner! 

Lots of lovely layers created out of the 49 and Market Collage Stacks! They were so fun to alter!


The watercolor splashes you see were made with Tim Holtz Oxide Ink refills in the colors of Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose! I did that technique to some of the papers and then ran them through my WRMK typewriter! I just love that look of typed words, it just gives such a cute nostalgic feel to the project! 


I also included some stamping, the black ink was a little bold for me so after the ink was dry, I just blotted it gently with some white gesso and it softened it..


To add some pretty details I topped some of the papers with some gorgeous washi tape like this floral  one here by Heidi Swapp!


Vellum butterflies are the perfect touch if you want to add a little dreamy-ness :)


I love these colors together, they are just so pretty and dreamy! I love all the verses I put in here so far, there are a few more that I'd like to add so I'll keep updating as I go! 


Thanks for stoppin by today, stay well and happy and get scrappy!


 photo postsignature_zps25f89085.png

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -