2.15.2015

Memory Planner **January Review**

Well hello there happy Sunday! Did you start a planner for this year? Are you doing the Heidi Swapp Memory Planner? I am! And it is the awesome! I love it! It is soooo beautiful, and all of the products that go along with it are just as amazing! Today I am going to show you how I am doing mine! So let's take a look!
 
 
 This is what you see when you open the front cover;
 

I have all sorts of goodies in my pocket! Maggie Massey gave me the brilliant idea of laminating some of the printables from the Capture 30 class, so here is my Daily Prompts sheet all laminated up nice and it won't get ruined by my grubby mitts!

 
There has been talk about on some of the pouches the holes aren't aligned with the binder rings, and that's how mine was but ya know what? We're scrappers, we make things work, that's what we do. We're innovative. I bound the edge with some washi tape, then punched new holes. I mean there's worse things in life right? Like my cat throwin up all over my Christmas mini album cover. Now that's something to complain about here people.
 
 
I laminated this beauty, then added some pretty things! I have been using those little word stickers on EVERYTHING. I love them.
 
 
 
I also laminated the hole marker from the class too! So awesome!
 
 
Everything in the planner is so beautiful, look at those flowers! I added some of Maggie Holmes's flowers from her ephemera pack from the Open Book Collection, they match perfectly!
 
 
The washi tape booklet is the coolest thing! There are so many cute patterns, I just love them! So brill! These little snips add just the right amount of cuteness to a page!

 
Ok sooo I found this little gold shiny cute fringe layin around at CHA so I just clipped it right in there with an Instax photo, looks super cute in there. I love the "bliss" washi snip right there, it looks perfect!


 
Here's some more pages,
 


 
I wasn't sure how I wanted to use those long numbered strips, so I decided to use them as gratitude lists. One little thing everyday that I'm grateful for, keeps my head in the right place. There is always always something to be thankful for. Freedom & Excedrin baby. Freedom & Excedrin.
 

 
This is definitely something worthy of documenting;


I'm don't think I'm at liberty to explain exactly why we laughed until we cried, but believe me when I say this photo led to the craziest mini van ride, ever.

 

 
Ohmygosh so you might've seen this photo of Kyle & I ice skating? Welll it's kinda crazy now because shortly after this? We were in ER getting his appendix out. For reals! That is why I love this planner! You can capture every moment so easily, and so fast! Without having to sit down and make a whole layout! It's amazing!
 
 
At CHA Heidi gave me a card, so I just stuck it on the page that she wrote on and voila! So cool.
 

 
Don't forget about your favorite song lyrics for the quote areas! Music is such a huge part of my day to day life, I can't leave it out.

 
I'm not getting very artsy fartsy with my planner, maybe I will in the months where I don't have a lot going on? I had a lot to journal on this week so that's pretty much all it is. And you know what? That's perfectly fine if that's all you do. Do what works for you.
 
 I put in a little card with a picture of Kyle in the ER in here, then filled it with more journaling, more private feelings type of journaling.


 
I love this striped envelope from the Capture 30 class! So cute!


The September Skies Stamp Set is one of my favorite sets ever, so I'm going to be using that in here alot!

 
I also laminated Heidi's Dream Flow Chart from the class, it's adorable.

 
So there's a lil tour of how I'm doing my Memory Planner, not too fancy but I'm getting all of my days documented and it feels sooo good. If I look back to just a week, it's like ohmygosh I had already forgotten things?! So crazy! Life is moving soo fast. One thing I remember hearing down the planner line was, "if you forget it, then it's like it never happened." Wow. Scary. There is way too much richness in our everyday lives to just let those moments slip by us. Write stuff down peeps!
 
Thank you so much for stopping by! Can't wait to see your planners make sure you tag us on Insty!
 
 photo postsignature_zps25f89085.png
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 photo postsignature_zps25f89085.png

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I love this!!!! I'm going to read it again ten times to get every little detail! Thanks so much for sharing. I wish I could have taken the Capture 30 class. I got another Heidi journal that was in the limited kit at Michaels. It's my favorite project I've ever worked on! I'm having a blast. Can't wait to see more of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. This my first attempt at journaling and I really wanted to combine it with my love of scrapbooking. I am definitely finding it hard but having your pages to reference will be great. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhhh Sarah I love this and can't wait till I get my planner too!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I have the sweetest readers ever, thank you for leaving me some love!