12.02.2014

Pink Paislee Countdown to Christmas~ Day Two!!

Well hello there! Welcome to Day 2 of the Pink Paislee Countdown to Christmas partayyy woohooooo!!! It's my turn today and can I just say how thankful I am that I got to be a contributor to this?! How amazing! Whooda thunk it?! So hopefully yesterday you tuned in and played along with the "deck the halls season opener" as I like to call it heh heh, well today we're going to start our "Naughty & Nice" lists! I kinda giggled while pondering who would go onto my Naughty list, but instead of doing a list, there was only one little elf that I could think of that would make it onto it without question...
 

Yep that's the guy. Chocolate chippy is his name, hustlin for cookies is his game... Look at him there... lickin his chops...don't let his cuteness fool you... he's pure. evil. Rotten to the core....

On that happy note, here's the full 2 page spread!

 
I wanted to create interactive pages because mini albums are so much fun to look at when there's doors n pockets n tags n boxes and bags! (ok Grinch) On the left, we have the "Nice." I didn't make a list, I journaled a love note to the boys about one of my favorite Christmas memories I have of them. The mug is just a bonus ;) thank you Target!! Seriously those little bows? The cuteness.
 


 
Christmas always brings about so many emotions for me, and this year I've been thinking a lot about how fast these kids are growing. I miss the days of "haulin~a" like a mad woman thru "Toys-uh-mus" (as the boys used to call it) and just piling carts with toys and treasures! Now, the gifts seem to be smaller and more expensive and not fun. For me anyways ;)  I'm going to try to slow down this December and cherish every second I can with these boys, and try not to get all caught up in the huh bub of the season!
 
To create a fun and easy interactive piece, just make a card out of cardstock and cover it with pretty papers!

 
Works perfecto! Then you can add extra pics and journaling and whatnot!

 
And here we have, the dark side...
 
 
It's kind of hard to read his sign but it says "I ate 3 dozen cookies." He snuck into the kitchen and ate 3 dozen fresh ginger snaps. I almost cried. Like a baby. I got the cute little chalkboard at Hobby Lobby, I wanted to find something to match the chalkboard paper (ohmygosh I love it)?! Sooooo awesomely done!!! I just pulled some red & white striped ribbon through the holes and voila. The perfect-shame-your -bratty-dog sign.

 
These letters are not part of Merry & Bright but they are Pink Paislee and honestly, I am hoarding them. I love them. A lot.

 
This guy opens up as well;
 
 
I used an actual picture for a pocket! Just punch a half circle out of the top and adhere the left, bottom, and right side of the picture. Then slide the tag in!

 
 
Little bratski! And no, Chippy's not evil. He's actually pretty darn cute. Now anyways... ;)
 
Thank you so much for hangin out today! Don't forget your free printable over at the Pink Paislee blog and I really hope you will play along this month! Just think, at the end you'll have a whole month of wonderful holiday memories to cherish! So awesome.
 
Just remember to slow down and enjoy the season, and enjoy each other. Talk a walk somewhere and gaze at twinkle lights. Turn the tv off and read a story out loud to your family by the glow of your tree. Bake something so that when your kiddies and hunny bunny get home they walk into a warm & cozy home filled with a sweetly spicy aroma... You can do all of these little wonderful things without having a lot of money. Don't use money as an excuse to not make memories with your loved ones. Cuz you know what? It's those precious little moments you spent with them, your time, that's what they will remember, not the gifts. Not the gifts.
 
Love, Rah xoxo
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have the sweetest readers ever, thank you for leaving me some love!