7.21.2014

Long Island, NY

Hello loves! How are you on this glorious Monday?! Do you know that there is yet ANOTHER REASON TO LOVE MONDAY'S?! YEP!! So awesome! Do you have an Instagram account and you're looking for a fun papercrafting challenge? Look up @Society52! The awesomely talented Maggie Massey and I have started this baby up and it is the very first scrapbook challenge feed to hit Insty! It is the newest rage, and it is so fun! Look for this button on Instagram;





Here's how it works;

Monday- A new challenge gets posted

Tuesday- Special guest designer posts challenge project

Wednesday- you better be scrappin!

Thursday- We throw in a little twistarooney

Friday- scrap some more!

Saturday & Sunday- 4 randomly chosen awesome projects get featured!

You should definitely play, it is so fun! Everyone has been getting so excited for the next challenge to drop, which makes Mondays even that much better! ;) You have all week to play along, there's no rush. You can even share a project from a past challenge no biggie! It's all good ;)

This past challenge was to document one of your favorite childhood memories, and the Thursday Twist was to add some sequins to your project!

Here is my take on it, using the new Webster's Pages line called "Ocean Melody."

 
I'm sorry it's not cropped very well, I was racing against 2 naughty little kitties that like to pounce on my layouts when I'm taking pictures grrrr....
 
 Ok so one of my favorite childhood memories is of the ocean. We visited Long Island a few times as I was growing up, and it's just a little slice of heaven on earth! I so miss it! Hands down NY has thee best bestest bestestest bestestestest pizza in. the. world.
 
 I can't think of a better name for a summer collection than Ocean Melody. That's exactly what it's like sitting with your feet buried in the sand, listening to the seagulls cry off in the distance, breathing in the salty sea air, hearing the waves crashing against the shore... Pure heaven.... a melody...
 
 
Isn't this little flag so cute?! That flower!
 
 
I love love this view. I could just live here. Sit by an old vintage camper strung with paper lanterns and twinkle lights, sipping on a white chocolate mocha, crunching into a Ritz cracker heaped with lobster salad from the Hamptons...  
 
 
Here are my sequins woohoo! And of course a Heidi Swapp Banner Delight ;)
 
 
I hope you will join us for the next challenge! It's a great way to use up your stash, get some things documented, and maybe even get out of a creative rut? Challenges are so good for that!
Thanks for hangin out with me, have a scrap happy night!

 photo postsignature_zps25f89085.png




No comments:

Post a Comment

I have the sweetest readers ever, thank you for leaving me some love!