7.20.2014

Baseball 2013 Mini Album

 

Happy Happy Sunday! What a beautiful day today! How is your weekend going? Mine has been pretty quiet, which is nice sometimes ;) We have gotten an amazing response for  Daydream The Event so Maggie and I are pretty excited! There's limited spots available so don't wait too long to register!!  
 
So, being a papercrafter, do you ever feel like you kinda get in a slump, where you don't really like your layouts anymore? I've been feeling like that lately, and I don't know why? So today, I wanted to make something very simple, but very meaningful. I just felt like creating something that was going to make someone else smile and feel loved, so I grabbed some b&w baseball pics I took of my son Kyle last year. I really really enjoy photography, taking pictures of the boys in action, it makes me so happy! There's something about looking through the lens...
 
 Anyhoo, I went through my stash, and just collected a few things that would look cute with the photos, and you know what? I ended up doing a total monochromatic gray, white, and black theme! It was so easy on my brain lol! It felt good.
 
 I used Heidi Swapp at JoAnn's products, and a few other Heidi Swapp items from other collections.  Here's what I came up with!
 
 

 
I really love this picture... my little man... 
 
 
I kept the embellishments to a super minimum, then just did some fun stamping here and there.

 
In the Glitter Albums at JoAnn's, there are these awesome clear pages that just have a little something on each page, they are so fun to layer with!


 
If you take 2 pieces of paper and tape them on the left, right, and bottom back to back, you create a pocket! I used a large circle punch at the top of the page, then slid a tag in that I filled with journaling and encouragement.





 
It is super minimal, but it felt so good to do something meaningful from start to finish! I hope he likes it ;)
 
Thank you so much for hanging with me today! If you ever feel like you're in a creative slump with your layouts, just whip out a simple little mini album that you can give to someone, and you'll remember what scrapbooking is really about. Capturing moments in time, capturing life.
 
Have a beautiful Sunday!
 
 photo postsignature_zps25f89085.png

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous Sarah and I love the monochromatic feel .. I must remeber to try that :)

    ReplyDelete

I have the sweetest readers ever, thank you for leaving me some love!