6.01.2014

Wooden Clipboard Display!

Well hello there paper peeps! Thank God it's June! We made it woohoo! June has always been one of my favorite months! There is always so much going on?! It seems like there is always a special occasion to celebrate, which means you always need a fast & fabulous gift idea right?!  Well no fear, I have the perfect thing! Have you seen the new Heidi Swapp products at the JoAnn's Stores? There is this awesome wooden desktop display, it is so versatile and fun!
 
There are so many possibilities you can do with this thing! The first one that I did was a pink & gold glitter combo, which I'm kind of obsessed with lately! This was the pic I put on Instagram;
 
 
That is me on the left with my dear friend Cheryl!
 
I love these colors together! Especially the gold glitter eek! All I did was spray painted the wooden board, clipped on the white floral clear acetate piece, and layered a photo over top of that with a doily and a few pieces from the ephemera kit! Super easy peasy! I think after the paint was dry, the frame was complete in about 5 minutes. For reals.
 
I will show you how I did this with a different color combo, mint & silver!
 
These are the pieces that come in the kit that will need to be painted for this project;
 
 
I really love the Krylon Catalina Mist color, so the first thing I did was give the wooden board a good coating of it. It dries super fast!

 
Then, lay some painters tape across the board diagonally and spray the board with silver spray paint. Also, spray the clip and the wooden display stand piece.
 
 
When the silver paint is dry, spray over that with silver glitter spray paint. When you peel the tape off, you should end up with something like this;
 
 
Super sparkly!
 
Take the picture you want to use, and mat it to a piece of patterned paper from the Heidi Swapp at JoAnn's paper pad. I chose the white with the thin gray diagonal pinstripe.

 
Then cut a few of the patterned papers into a long rectangle with the "V" cut out of the bottom, and layer those underneath the photo.
 


I love how the glitter spray paint adds a sugar coating!

 
Then you want to sprinkle on a few pieces from the ephemera pack, and tuck the circle die cut tag (with the stars cut out) behind the photo. Cut the "POW" and the silver glittery star out of the 3x4 cards and sprinkle those on there too ;)

 
It's just a few simple steps, and the end result is this awesome photo display stand to give...or um...... to keep!  ;)


 
Here are the Heidi Swapp products I used, you can find these at a number of JoAnn's Stores!
 
 
 
 
 
One of the things I loved about this stand is that you can switch the clip to either side of the board, which makes it super versatile! Also, you don't need to spray it with actual spray paint, the Heidi Swapp Color Shine looks AMAZING on the wood too! It just leaves this stunning shine on the surface, it's awesome!
 
These beautiful products are going quick, so don't wait! Go get yours today!
 
I hope you enjoyed my little project, can't wait to see what you make! Don't forget to hashtag it with #heidiswappatjoanns if you share it on Insty!
 
Have a beautiful Sunday!
 
Love, Sarah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have the sweetest readers ever, thank you for leaving me some love!