5.07.2014

Maggie


Well hello there! Is it seriously May already?! I cannot BELIEVE I haven't blogged in so long?! Where has the time gone?! Life can get pretty crazy sometimes, there is so much stuff going on! I do have some fun things to share with you, today is a fun bright and happy layout that I did of my favorite people evuh,  Maggie Massey! I met her via Instagram and discovered that she lives pretty close to me, and we just started chit chatting through our love of Heidi Swapp and the rest as they say, is history! She is such a wonderful person, a wonderful mom, and a fabulous artist! Every time I look at her pages I'm like, now how did she think of that? Just adorable. Love her.

Heidi Swapp had a challenge to do a layout about 5 words that describe someone, so I thought it'd be fun to do a layout of 6 things I love about Maggie lol!

 
It's totally not a color scheme which I normally would use so I went out on a limb and just did it! I wanted to mimick the colors in the photo, so I grabbed some of the new Hello Today papers from the pad, and one background pattern from the Sugar Chic Paper Pad. I forgot how much I love the Cherry Color Shine! Isn't the polka dot Color Magic banner so cute with the red?! Love it!
 
 
I wanted to do something that would make Mags laugh so I gave myself a "I Heart Maggie" tattoo lolol! I'm such a dork.


 
I wanted to be able to journal a little about each thing, so I created a "tag stack" that's kind of like the photo stacks, just skinnier and with the tag hole things. I have a thing with tags....

 
The teal glittery letters and ephemera pieces are from the new Heidi Swapp at JoAnn's collection.
 
Here's some details about the tag stack;
 

 
It just opens right there on the page and you can flip each one back! Super cute.


 

 
At Michael's there is a new Heidi Swapp paper pad called "Lace Paper" for Hello Today, and it is ah-maaaazzziing! It has 12x12 papers with a word cut out of each one, and the colors are stunning! That is where I got this "Laugh" part, I just cut that out of the 12x12 sheet.

 
Do you think she'll like it? I'm sure you will be seeing many more layouts of Mags and I being silly ;)
 
I really cherish the friendships I have gained through scrapbooking. True friendship is hard to find, we should never take it for granted! Sometimes you just need that connection with someone you can relate to, someone to share things with or to vent to about something that's bothering you. It's just healthier. Even if you've been burned by people in the past, or hurt so bad you don't think you can ever trust someone again, you just can't shut down and isolate in hopes of protecting yourself.  Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, to open up. You could really miss out on something awesome or life changing, you could miss out on someone that makes you hysterically belly laugh or maybe someone that God has put in your path for a very specific reason that is needed to fulfill His will for your life. Remember He wants to give us the desires of our hearts if we delight in Him! (Psalms 37;4) He wants to prosper you and give you a hope and a future! (Jeremiah 29;11) He can't do that if we don't let Him. If you feel like you're missing something in your life, pray about it. A few years back I prayed about meeting a good Christian girlfriend that I could hang out with and have fun with, and I ended up moving to a house just a few doors down from one and I ended up going to Beth Moore Bible studies with at her church, and as a result those Bible studies totally changed my life! We don't talk anymore, but looking back I know that she was put in my path for a very specific purpose regarding my personal journey. I needed that knowledge in my life brought by those Bible Studies. God is just so amazing. Everything happens for a reason and everyone we meet is not by chance, it is a part of a big beautiful and sometimes messy plan.
 
Have a beautiful day and thanks so much for hangin with me!
 
Love, Rah xoxo
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. i. adore. you. like, for reals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome layout and a great tribute to your friend. TFS it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

I have the sweetest readers ever, thank you for leaving me some love!