5.14.2014

Let's Find A Place & Get Lost

What day is it?! hump....DAYYY!! WOOHOO!!  I so love looking forward to the weekend! Hopefully I'll get some creative time ;) It makes me so happy! Another thing that makes me super happy is sneaking away to Barnes & Noble for a fresh cuppa joe and a fresh crisp new magazine...simple pleasures...they are so good for the soul. Sometimes they take you away from it all for awhile, especially book stores for some reason? I don't know why they are so calming to me but I love them! I snuck away one day before I had to work a midnight shift and snapped a quick pic with my phone and so I had this sweet little treat to document...
 
 
I had some gorgeous new Webster's Pages to use, this floral is just stunning! I also used some Bronzer Heidi Swapp Color Shine, a new Tim Holtz stencil and his hashtag stamps, a vintage flashcard, some Studio Calico wooden hearts, chipboard frames from Crate Paper, and a wooden mug but I'm not sure from who.... I'll have to go check...
 
Seriously...layering makes my heart flutter...
 

 
I love finding vintage ephemera and other treasures to use in my papercrafting!
Like little Frenchy flash cards...
 


A fun way to add some texture to your page is, after you use a stencil, take a little scrap of cardboard, slap some paint on it, and just stamp it down in random places on your layout!



I love layering these chipboard frames! So cute! And that gold striped paper is just to die!

 
When I did this layout, I realized that it kinda matches with the Jot Magazine Mood Board Challenge that they have goin on over on their site! So I thought why not? You should play along! Go check it out and have a scrap happy day!
 
Love, Rah xo
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. WOW....super cool layout!! Love the addition of the cardboard stamping...and all the layered ephemera too/ Thanks so much for taking the Jot Magazine mod board challenge..
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, everything you make is so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah for playing along with our Mood Board challenge - always lovely seeing your work!! KIM

    ReplyDelete

I have the sweetest readers ever, thank you for leaving me some love!